Shelly graduated from Wasatch School in Heber City, UT. She attended Utah Valley Community College in Orem, now UVU, working towards early childhood development degree. She has three special needs children. One, autistic (mild) one who is dyslexic and one who has mild functioning disabilities. Shelly loves animals has two dogs and three cats. She spends quality time with her children laughing and having fun watching hilarious video clips from social media.
Piano Teacher to
English: David has tutored ESL and is proficient in English having earned his degree at Brigham Young University and completed all required literature and English classes there. His senior year of high school he opted to take 4 English/grammar related classes.
Math: David loves math. If he could go back and do it over, he said many times he would have majored in mathematics, the same as his father did.
Chemistry: David taught chemistry for nursing students at UVSC (now teaching there again as UVU) He also tutored chemistry both inorganic and organic and graded 600 assignments a week for two professors while attending BYU.
Biology: His degree is molecular biology in the college of zoology giving him a strong ability to teach and tutor in this subject
Genetics: Genetics plays a huge role in biology and evolution. Cell biology and genetics are core classes for biology related majors.
Piano: David is a member of the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA) He teaches primarily using the methods taught by Chuan Chang found in his book at pianopractice.org "I adapt my teaching style and pédagogie to that which excites and drives the student, e.g. chord progression, improvisation, classical teaching etc."
Levels K-12 &
Piano Student Expectations and Agreement.
I have had piano instructions from:
1. Brenda Eldredge (my mother)
2. Laurisa Ward Cope
3. Marilyn Larsen
4. Eileen Sauer < Mlle.Yvonne Combe < Claude-Achille Debussy
5. Beth Taylor
6. Lillian Barrus < Dr. David Glen Hatch
Classes taught one-on-one at students designated location/home or online.
Tutors and Music Teachers world wide:
list your profile with us:
1. Small profile about 200 characters. Include links to other listings you have on the web or website. No charge or obligation.
2. Full complete listing roughly the size of a standard sheet of paper, listing all your qualifications etc. If you obtain a new student from your listing on citlan.org you would voluntarily pay a token fee to citlan per given student.
3. Contract as an official member of citlan.org with complete and full affiliation terms negotiable. We are currently looking for online tutors to teach English and other subjects overseas working as an independent contractor for CITLAN.
Look forward to your comments or questions.
Thanks so much!